As a beginner to yoga, words ‘slow and gradual’ should be used and taken care of. It takes a series of steps and stages for a person to complete evolution into a yoga expert. According to science, it takes an entire lifetime to explore the depth and would still remain untouched and under the shadow. For a beginner level, the first thing that needs concentration is the amalgamation of ‘Strength, Flexibility, and Balance” in both the body and mind. If you have set on the rigid mind to become the yogic practitioner and are looking for a route, a process that can help you build-up to the ‘slow and gradual’ processes of yoga, then unroll your yoga mat for the beginners yoga. Here is the list of top 9 basic yoga for beginners prepared by "LIVE WITH YOGA" teachers. that is going to build you on a mental, physical, and spiritual level and shall prepare you for advanced, more serious practices.
Every pose of yoga for beginners is a challenge. It is more of a mind over matter. The tip is to move through a progression of asana as per your capacity and strength. Here, no one expects you to be asana master on the first day itself. Also, learn yoga from experienced and qualified teachers of LIVE WITH YOGA, a Therapy Yoga center in Jaipur.
Yoga asana is not a competition of masses. Learn to listen to your body and don’t push boundaries unnecessarily. Benefits of the yoga asana practice are limitless and will unfold progressively. Just focus on practice and don’t give up when you cannot touch your feet or stretch your bodies in the one go. You should understand that every person's body is different and unique. The strength, endurance, and flexibility of each person are different. Initially focus on breathing and asana movement as you go along. Warm-ups and stretches of joints should be done systematically. You can also opt for Surya Namaskar since all muscles in of body are engaged.
9 Most Basic Iyengar Yoga for Beginners
1. Tadasana (Standing Pose)
- Stand straight on the ground near a pillar or wall.
- With deeply breathing (inhale), raise your both arms.
- Keep your arms upward by interlocking your fingers.
- This Iyengar yoga for beginners is highly effective for building strength and balance in the entire body. This pose is excellent for giving a warm-up stretch to the entire body from neck to toe.
2. Parvatasana (Mountain Pose)
- Sit in Vajrasana and keep your spine and neck straight.
- Close your eyes gently and inhale raising both the hands above the head.
- Join the palms in the namaskar mudra. Elbows should be straight and hands stretched upwards.
- Return to normal position while exhaling.
- This pose teaches to be strong, majestic and steady like a mountain. this is basic yoga for beginners and it improves focus and concentration. It is a good starting position for many other asanas.
3. Navasana (Boat Pose)
- First lie down flat on your yoga mat, with your feet together and your arms on the sides.
- Keep your arms straight and your fingers outstretched towards your toes.
- Put a bolster under your middle back and put your hands around it as shown above.
- Place your legs on a table such that the back of your legs is on it only.
- Stay here for 2-3 minutes.
- Through this asana, the abdominal and core muscles are tightened and strengthen the upper back.
4. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Practice this asana in guidance of expert yoga teachers of "Live With Yoga", holding the ropes tied at some height.
- Lower down onto your belly, hold the rope with your hands and lie slanting with your toes straight towards the wall.
- Hold and breathe for 5 long deep breaths relaxing the low back and breathing into your low back.
- This pose will keep you alert and strengthen the lower back muscles. Also helpful to cure hypothyroidism and provide relief in lower back pain.
5. Virasana (Hero Pose)
- Bring the hips to the floor and sit back completely on your glutes resting next to the heels.
- The feet should have the toes pointed outwards and not inwards.
- Rest your back on the wooden block with pillows on it.
- Take your hand's backside of a wooden stick backside you.
- Relaxing the shoulders and the chest, bring the spine up and straight elongating the spine.
- This asana helps your mind to stay calm releasing stress and depression.
6. Paschimottanasana (Supported Forward Bend)
- Sit on the floor in front of a stack of bolsters in Baddha Konasana.
- Gently let the yoga teacher stretch your hand to have traction on neck muscles by dropping the chin to the bolster.
- Stay here for 5 long, deep breaths.
- In this basic yoga for beginners, it helps in increasing the strength of your core and abdominal muscles. It is also beneficial in relieving back pain.
7. Adho Mukha Virasana (Child Pose)
- Place a pillow or bolster. Kneel down in front of the pillow facing it.
- Place your hips back onto your heels, bringing your knees out wide and keeping your toes together.
- Slowly take your hands forward to lower your belly, chest, and one cheek onto the pillow. Relax your forearms on the ground on either side of your pillow or on the pillow in front of you.
- Close your eyes and relax here for 2-3 minutes.
- By relaxing like a child with this pose the worries of the world will fade away. The pose not only helps your body relax but also stills the mind and aligns it with the center of your heart.
8. Supta Sukhasana (Easy Yoga Pose)
- Sit down normally on the floor.
- Now cross your legs and broaden your knees, in order that you can slip your both foot under the opposite knee.
- Now lie backward on the wooden equipment as shown above to get relaxed
- This is comfortable asana and very basic for simple pranayama and meditation techniques.
9. Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
- Release the feet and extend the legs, allowing the feet to relax in a relaxed way.
- Lie flat on your back on wooden equipment as shown above.
- Allow your feet to gently roll open.
- Put some weight on your thighs and legs.
- Take your hands behind the wooden stick behind you.
- Roll your shoulders down your back.
- Allow your body to be very heavy. Close your eyes.
- Concluding this yoga series in Savasana is an ideal way to end a perfect balanced yoga series. This pose will let your mind, body, and soul sink in perfect harmony with each other.
Try the above series of basic yoga for beginners on a daily basis and experience a health transformation within your body. To know more about yoga, join "LIVE WITH YOGA" providing therapeutic yoga classes in Jaipur.
To Know more, talk to our doctor. Dial +91-8351919191