9 Evening Poses of Yoga to Relax Mind & Body For Better Sleep (Like A Baby)
12 Dec 2019 Relaxation yoga
In this fast pacing life we live in, we find it extremely difficult to spare a few minutes for our nevertheless exhausting mind. In this situation, we have something exemplary for you. Here through this article, we are trying to present the list of various yoga poses to relax mind that one can practice at the end of their day. So, the next time you need to unwind after a long day, try a few of these favorite yoga asanas to relax mind. These simple yoga asanas are suitable for beginners and prolonged practitioners that will help you to sleep better at night. Spare time for the sequence before bed or practice this at any point in the day, it's a great mind relaxing therapy when you may be feeling tense.
1. Supta Virasana (Hero Pose)
- Kneel down with buttocks on the heels, feet on the floor, gently stretch the knees and the area of the ankles.
- The special inclusion in this pose or asana is to place around and a comfortable bolster under your lower back, as this will give support to lower back and increases flexibility in back and buttocks.
- Hold for 30–60 seconds. Lower your arms, and repeat.
- This asana relaxes your mind and enables you to have sound sleep. This asana is also helpful in emotional imbalance and hormonal imbalance
2. Marjaryasana and Bitilasana (Cat and Cow Pose)
- To start cat pose, start on your hands and knees, aligning your wrists underneath your shoulders and your knees underneath your buttocks.
- On exhalation, pull the head and the tailbone to the floor, arching your back and pulling the shoulder blades away from each other.
- On inhaling pull the back of the head and the coccyx up to the ceiling, bending your back.
- Move from one position to another, coordinating the movement with the breath, feeling how the spine relaxes and lengthens.
- To enter the cow pose, curl your toes under.
- Tilt your pelvis back so that your tailbone sticks up.
- Let this movement ripple from your tailbone up your spine so that your neck is the last thing to move.
- Drop your belly down, but keep your abdominal muscles hugging your spine by drawing your navel in.
- Take your gaze gently up toward the ceiling without straining your neck.
- This asana relaxes your back, neck and shoulders. Also helpful if anyone having back pain or shoulder pain. You will have a painless night with this. Try this Yoga to Relax Mind.
3. Adho Mukha Virasana (Child's Pose)
- Begin on your hands and knees.
- Practice this asana with the help of any kind of soft support like a cushion or a bolster.
- Kneel down and place a pillow under your belly.
- Open your knees out towards the corner of your mat and rest your belly and chest between your thighs.
- Spread your arms out in front of you.
- Hold this asana for 2-3 minutes as it calms, and soothes the brain, making it a therapeutic pose for relieving stress.
- This yoga to relax mind and it will take you out of depression.
4. Viparita Karani (Legs Up The Wall)
- Pull out your legs and put them on the wall such that your feet are on the floor, spread in front of you.
- Place a set of bolsters horizontally under your tailbone.
- Allow your weight to rest on the cushions and extend your legs to the sky. Close your eyes.
- Breathe deeply. Lie on your back, making sure that the back of your legs press against the wall, and the feet face upwards.
- Place your hips a little away from the wall or press them against the wall.
- Holding this pose for 1- 2 minutes will help in calming the body and mind.
- This asana also helps in relxing your hip joints and in turn releases the hip joint pain.
5. Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby)
- Lie on the back. Exhale, bend your knees and bring them up towards the stomach.
- Inhale, grab the outer edge of the feet firmly with your hands.
- Alternatively, people can loop a strap around the feet or can place the hands on the calves.
- Spread your knees hip-width apart and raise the knees up to your armpits. If uncomfortable, reduce the distance between the knees.
- Set each ankle directly over the knees and shins perpendicular to the floor.
- Support the lower back and head on a yoga bolster to avoid strain.
6. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Forward Bend Pose)
- Stand up straight and walk your feet out wide.
- Turn your toes out slightly.
- Hinge at your hips and with a support of wall mounted rope, fold forward.
- Bring your hands to the mat directly under your shoulders or can also use bolster to place your forehead. Soften your knees in order to release your head and neck.
- Slowly roll up to standing position.
- This asana is very much helpful in releasing stress and also stretches the spine to provide you relaxation if having slip disc or sciatica.
7. Vishramasana with Weight and Table
- Lie flat on your back.
- Place the legs on a table or stool.
- Place some weight on your legs on table.
- Flip your palms turn up.
- Roll your shoulders down your back.
- Allow your body to be very heavy. Close your eyes.
8. Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclining Goddess Pose)
- Start by sitting on the floor with legs stretched out in front of you.
- Fold the knees and bring the two feet together, the soles of the feet facing each other with a weight on the feet.
- Lay your back on wooden support as we have in our center.
- Pull the feet towards the body to the extent it is comfortable.
- From this position, lean backward and bring your hands back of a wooden stick.
- Hold for 1-2 minutes. Try this Yoga to Relax Mind
9. Bhujangasana (Supported Cobra Pose)
- To start the pose, stand by a wall or stand where a rope is tied.
- Place your feet together, hip-width apart. Keep the toes of your feet pressing against the floor.
- Strongly hold the rope which acts as a support that is tied nearby and lean forward.
- Stay in this position for as long as you can.
- This Rope Yoga is also very beneficial for one with Shoulder Pain and Frozen Shoulders.
To Know more, talk to our doctor. Dial +91-8351919191