The sedentary lifestyle that includes lack of exercise, healthy food habits and excess of stress contribute to a wider waist, round irregular tummy and increase in the level of health problems. It’s hard to get rid of the stubborn belly fat. Sometimes, even after maintaining a healthy lifestyle and working out daily, the belly fat refuses to cooperate. You need to switch to healthy food without any junks and practice yoga to reduce belly fat for a perfect shape.
Yoga will help you to reduce the belly fat and take control of your body. It will also boost your metabolism. Yoga to reduce belly fat will help you relieve stress and enhance flexibility. It will engage your abdomen muscles more efficiently than any other core exercise. This article presents you with the list of changes in the diet and the most effective poses of yoga to reduce belly fat.
Modifications in diet
- Drink lukewarm water after waking up in the morning.
- Avoid eating outside and unhygienic foods.
- Diseases such as dysentery, common cold and cough, asthma, arthritis, nasal infections, digestion problems, and skin allergies are common during monsoon season.
- Eat more of whole grains, barley, pulses soups, curd, buttermilk, citrus fruits, honey, etc.
- Increase intake of Ginger, fennel seeds and black pepper to improve digestion naturally through foods
- Increase the uptake of fiber in your daily diet.
- Increase the uptake of green leafy vegetables in your diet.
- Don’t consume frozen foods, ice-creams, fast foods, refined, roadside junks and processed foods.
- Most importantly eat on time with proper awareness.
1. Pawanmuktasana (Wind relieving pose)
- Lie flat on your back on a smooth surface, ensuring that your feet are together, and your arms are placed beside your body.
- Take a deep breath. As you exhale, bring your knees towards your chest, and press your thighs on your abdomen. Clasp your hands around your legs as if you are hugging your knees.
- Hold the asana while you breathe normally. Every time you exhale, make sure you tighten the grip of the hands-on the knee. Every time you inhale, ensure that you loosen the grip.
- Exhale and release the pose. Relax.
- This yoga to reduce belly fat will also help in dealing with the problems of the digestive system.
2. Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
The most popular series of yoga to reduce belly fat is Surya Namaskar. It has 12 breath-controlled poses that lead to over-all body toning and weight loss. Doing at least 10 rounds of Surya Namaskar daily improves your complete well being.
3. Halasana (Plough Pose)
- Firstly we have to be in the Sarvangasana.
- Then release the breath slowly and get the legs above the head and make it touch the ground.
- Make sure that the distance between the head and the legs where it is touching the earth is more. Keep the legs and toes straight.
- Then hold both the hands and keep it below the back. At the time keep your back straight vertically.
- Be in the normal breath as soon as possible and come back to Sarvangasana.
- This exercise reduces the lower belly fat as it pressurizes that area.
- Halasana is also the Miracle Pose that Helps Reduce Blood Pressure.
4. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Lie face-down, bend knees, and grab ankles.
- Press and grab feet into hands, keeping knees hip-width apart and lift the chest.
- Perform using a block or bolster under your belly for the support.
- Doing this, you will feel your arms, stomach, and legs stretching.
- This yoga asana tremendously helps in reducing belly and abdominal fat. This yoga pose also helps in treating hypothyroidism, strengthening back, and reducing lower back pain.
5. Paschimottanasana (Supported Forward Bend)
- Sit on the floor in front of a chair.
- Place a pillow on the chair, and rest your head on the pillow with your arms just under your forehead.
- Gently stretch the neck muscles by dropping the chin to the chest.
- Stay here for 5 long, deep breaths.
- Performing this asana, you will feel intense pressure on your belly area which leads you to reduce your belly fat.
- This yoga for reducing belly helps in increasing the strength of your core and abdominal muscles. It is also beneficial in relieving back pain.
6. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Supported Bridge Pose)
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet on the ground. Keep your bolster around yourself.
- Reach your arms down alongside your body with your palms facing down.
- Lift your hips up and slide your bolster horizontally underneath your spinal cord. Rest your hips back down.
- Straighten your legs down the mat, letting your toes fall out wide. Lie with your palms facing up, close your eyes and relax for two minutes.
- In this asana, you will feel the stretch in your torso region, aids reduction in belly fat.
- This yoga to reduce belly fat is also helpful in relieving the pain from shoulder, lower back.
7. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Practice this asana along LIVE WITH YOGA teachers, holding the ropes tied at some height.
- Lower down onto your belly, hold the rope with your hands and lie slanting with your toes straight towards the wall.
- Hold and breathe for 5 long deep breaths relaxing the low back and breathing into your low back.
- When you feel a stretch in your belly area, know that the belly fat is being worked on and is on the way towards reduction. This yoga for reducing belly also increases the flow of blood in your body.
Create a healthy lifestyle including positive thoughts, good eating habits, and proper sleeping schedule along with proper yoga practice to reduce the lower belly fat with the help of qualified and trained yoga teachers at LIVE WITH YOGA, Therapy Yoga center in Jaipur.
To Know more, talk to our doctor. Dial +91-8351919191