Some common asanas or yoga for emotional imbalance which can be performed by patients are:
1. Supta Baddha Konasana
This asana at first makes the breathing deep and long. It also makes the diaphragm soft to ease the breathing process. As the mind and respiratory systems are connected with each other. This asana by making the connection strong relaxes the mind and emotions.
2. Supta Sukhasana
This yoga for emotional imbalance makes the breathing smooth. As your heart and emotions are connected all together, this asana makes the heart relaxed and balances the emotions coming out of it.
As specified with the name "Uttan" means North. This asana activates the north part of the body and controls and balances the emotions. But, in this asana support is compulsory. So, practice this only at "Live With Yoga".
4. Adho Mukha Svanasana
This yoga for mood swings improves the blood circulation in the mind and bolster is compulsory due to emotional imbalance. This a very effective yoga for emotional imbalance.
It is an anti-gravity asana which is very beneficial for Patients with emotional imbalance. This yoga for mood swings helps you to activates the hypothalamus which controls our emotions. Practice this with crepe bandage over the forehead due to emotional imbalance.
6. Viparita Dandasana
This yoga for emotional imbalance expands the chest and hence improves blood flow in the heart. This asana makes the breath deep and long. This asana by relaxing the mind, controls, and balances the emotions.
Hormonal imbalance is one reason for emotional imbalance. For the patients with emotional imbalance due to hormonal imbalance, this asana balances the hormones and controls emotions.
8. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
As the nerves of the heart connected with our mind. This asana improves the blood flow in these nerves and relaxes the mind, in turn helping in taking emotional decisions.
9. Viloma Pranayama
This pranayama increases the oxygen level in the body, especially in the mind. As being mind and breath connected, the Mind gets relaxed and calm. This makes your heart stronger. So a stronger heart might not have emotions imbalanced.
This asana brings steadiness in the body and allows your mind to understand the inner body. This asana also controls the sense organs. Hence, it provides inner peace and balances emotions.
- During the treatment, all the yoga for emotional imbalance will be performed with the help of props.
- Patients will be treated by the trained yoga teachers & under the guidance of Yogacharya Rajveer Singh Chauhan.
- The sequence and difficulty level of asanas may vary according to the condition of patients and their respective medical conditions.
- Every person will be advised to perform asanas based on their current health, age and their present capacity to perform asanas.
Emotional imbalance occurs when a person experiences a long period of excessive stress. This stress could be due to personal problems or work-related stress. A person suffering from emotional imbalance feels emotionally weak, confused, and tired. All these feelings tend to build up gradually and could not be noticed easily. Emotional imbalance can have a very negative effect on a person’s relationships, routine life, and health.
There could be many factors that can cause an emotional imbalance in a person. Normally emotional imbalance occurs after a phase of stress. The occurrence of emotional imbalance in a person depends on many factors like a person’s level of tolerance for stress or the surrounding environment. Some factors that can cause emotional imbalance are:
- Going through a major life change such as divorce or death of a loved one
- experiencing financial stress
- juggling several things at once, such as work, family, and school
- having a baby or raising children
- being homeless
- working long hours
- working in a high-pressure environment
- living with a chronic medical condition
- Comparison with others
Emotional imbalance occurs in a person when a person feels he/she is confused about life or feels that he/she is defeated in many parts of life. Such people feel a lack of control in their life and think that they can’t make a balance in their life. Try the healing practice of yoga for mood swings when you feel an imbalance in your body.
Risk Factors of Emotional Imbalance
Some people are ta more risk of an emotional imbalance than others, some common risk factors that could cause emotional imbalance are:
- Certain jobs- high demanding jobs like police officers, doctors, etc are prone to stress and could cause emotional imbalance. some jobs that require long working hours, a bad environment at a job are prone to emotional imbalance.
- Poor self-care- lack of sleep, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise contributes to emotional imbalance.
- Drug or alcohol addict
- People who feel they have too few personal resources, such as status, money, or support.
- People who live or work in a culture that does not value their freedom of expression
There could be many signs and symptoms in a person suffering from emotional imbalance, the symptoms could be emotional or physical. the symptoms develop gradually and it could be hard to identify them in some cases.
Identifying these symptoms early on can help the patient in getting early treatment which in turn will make their life normal and much better.
- Mood swings/ changes in the mood- there could be frequent changes in the mood of a person. A person may feel more cynical, pessimistic, less socializing. A person may feel various emotions such as anger and irritability, anxiety, apathy, depression, failure, lack of motivation, hopelessness.
- Sleeping problems
- changes in appetite
- weight loss or gain
- digestive problems
- heart palpitations
- Compulsive/obsessive behaviors
- Anger issues
- Chronic fatigue, tiredness, and lack of energy.
- Memory problems
- Lack of concentration
- Memory loss
- less ability to connect with others on a personal or emotional level
- missed deadlines at work
- low self-esteem
- poor work performance
- social withdrawal from others
- increased rates of absence from work
- a lack of enthusiasm in work and personal life
- Lack of interest in sex