Yoga For Hip Joint Pain
Get Permanent Hip Joint Pain Relief with Therapeutic Iyengar Yoga
Therapeutic Yoga For Hip Joint Pain
Some common yoga for hip joint pain which can be performed by patients are:
1. Tadasana (Samasthiti)
This asana at the very initial stretches the buttocks and improves the blood circulation in hips.
2. Utthita Trikonasana
This asana as we have it practiced with supports like bricks reduces stiffness in hip joints and also makes the proper blood flow in hip bones and legs.
This yoga for hip pain is very important as it makes the hip joints stronger and relocates the hip bones from where it is dislocated. Due to the dislocation, body posture gets incorrect and body bends on one side. This asana corrects the body posture.
This yoga for hip pain reduces the stiffness from the pelvic part. As hamstring muscles are connected to hip joints, this increases the blood circulation in legs and helps in proper movement.
5. Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
This yoga for hip joint pain improves the blood circulation in hip joints, hip socket, and pelvic part. With the reduction in stiffness, the movement gets easy and pain relieves up.
6. Sirsasana in Baddha Konasana
As due to hip joint pain, muscles around get stiff, With this anti-gravity asana and that so in Baddha Konasana makes the muscles free and this asana also helps in Hip Joint Arthritis to get relief in pain and stiffness.
7. Utthita Marichyasana
This yoga for hip pain relocates the dislocated hip bones and corrects the posture of the body if bent. This also makes the blood to properly flow towards hip joints.
8. Jathara Parivartanasana
This asana relaxes the sacrum and pelvic part, in turn, relaxing the hip socket and hip joints. This yoga for hip joint pain also improves the blood circulation in the hips.
9. Supta Padangusthasana
If femur bone gets dislocated, this yoga for hip pain relocates the femur bone and helps in reducing stiffness in hips by increasing blood circulation in the hip socket.
10. Vishramasana (Leg Relaxation)
If the pelvic part or hip joints get dislocated, this relaxation asana helps in the relocation of the pelvic and hip joints by stretching the pelvic and fixes the posture.
- During the treatment, all the yoga for hip joint pain will be performed with the help of props.
- Patients will be treated by the trained yoga teachers & under the guidance of Yogacharya Rajveer Singh Chauhan.
- The sequence and difficulty level of asanas may vary according to the condition of patients and their respective medical conditions.
- Every person will be advised to perform asanas based on their current health, age and their present capacity to perform asanas.
Hip pain is a term used for pain in the hip joint or the area around it. Hip joint pain is a very common ailment ( medical condition). The pain inside your hip or your groin region can result from any trouble in the hip joint and the pain on the outside of your hips, outer buttock and upper thigh are caused by problems with ligaments, tendons, soft tissues around your hip joint and muscles.
The hip joint is the largest joint in the body and is able to handle continuous motions of the body and daily wear and tear. When you use your hip joint for any movement a cushion of cartilage present in the joint prevents the joint from any damage. With continuous use and growing age, the cartilage can get damaged and can cause pain in the hips.
Hip joint pain can be caused by many reasons, the exact location of hip pain can help in identifying the real cause of the pain. Hip pain can be caused by other diseases and medical conditions present in the body. Some common reasons for hip joint pain are:
- Inflamed tendons/ Tendonitis - it is the most common of short-term hip pain. It can be caused by too much exercise and could be very painful.
- Muscles and tendons in the hip can be overused.
- Bones in the hip can get break down due to an injury or a fall.
- Cartilage can get damaged due to regular use.
- Lower back pain can also cause hip joint pain, such a condition is known as referred pain.
- Disability- any kind of disability can also cause pain in the hip joints.
- Arthritis- there are many types of arthritis which can cause pain in the hip joint, normally arthritis in the lower region of the body causes pain in the hips.
- Injuries- any injury around the hip region can cause hip joint pain, sprains and fractures around the hip joint could result in hip joint pain.
- Pinched nerves- diseases like sciatica can cause pain in the hip joints.
- cancer - bone cancer or any other cancer that has spread into bones could cause hip joint pain.
- Some other diseases which are associated with hip joint pain are Avascular necrosis, Legg-Calve-Perthes disease (in children)Osteomyelitis (a bone infection) Osteoporosis, Synovitis.
There are many symptoms associated with hip joint pain which can be easily noticed. Some common symptoms of hip joint pain are:
- Pain in the joints
- Groin pain
- Loss of motion of the hips
- Swelling of the hip
- Tenderness of the hip
- Problem in sitting
- Pain while sleeping, walking, driving, exercising.
- Stiffness in the hip area.
- Lower back pain