Therapy Yoga Asanas for Varicose Veins
Some common varicose veins exercises yoga which can be performed by one with varicose veins are:
1. Utthita Trikonasana
This varicose vein yoga will increase the blood circulation in the legs and normalizes the blood flow in blocked veins.
This is the best yoga for varicose veins in legs. As the patient suffering from varicose veins is unable to walk due to pain in legs and also legs get weaken. This varicose vein yoga provides strength to the legs and also relieves the pain of varicose vein.
This varicose vein yoga stretches the foot shields and thighs by which blood circulates through the blocked nerves and movement get easier.
As all the impure blood is handled and pumped by the heart. But due to blockage in varicose veins, impure blood stays there and results in severe pain. This varicose veins yoga asanas let the impure blood flow towards the heart and the patient feel lightness in legs along with a reduction in pain.
5. Supta Padangusthasana
As spine cannot be underrated when treating Varicose Veins. That's why this varicose veins yoga asanas reduces the stiffness in the spine and provide pain relief.
This varicose vein yoga helps the blocked impure blood to reach the heart and also reduces heaviness in legs.
This asana strengthens the legs and reduces weakness and also reduces stiffness from the spine.
8. Ujjayi Pranayama
This pranayama for varicose veins cures every pain in the body because it increases the oxygen level in the body and especially provides legs pain relief due to the flow of oxygen in legs along with the blood. this pranayama purifies the blood and provides pain relief in varicose veins.
- During the treatment, all the yoga for varicose veins will be performed with the help of props.
- Patients will be treated by trained yoga teachers under the guidance of Yogacharya Rajveer Singh Chauhan.
- The sequence and difficulty level of asanas may vary according to the condition of patients and their respective medical conditions.
- Every person will be advised to perform asanas based on their current health, age and their present capacity to perform asanas.
Varicose veins occur when the veins become large, swollen, twisting, dilated and become overfilled with blood. Varicose veins are blue and purple in color and appear swollen and raised. Varicose veins can be painful.
The flow of blood in the wrong direction causes varicose veins. The veins in leg and foot are the most commonly affected veins in the body because standing and walking increase the pressure in the legs.
Some people may feel extreme pain while others may not feel any pain at all. If the treatment for the varicose vein is not taken at the right time then it could result in very serious circulatory problems including the heart. One can get varicose veins pain relief by performing some varicose veins exercises yoga.
Varicose veins occur when veins don’t function properly, all the veins in the body have one-way valves that prevent blood from flowing backward and when these valves fail blood starts getting collected in the veins instead of flowing towards the heart. This process makes the veins enlarged and legs are the most affected by varicose veins as it becomes harder for blood to flow back to the heart.
Some common factors that have the potential to cause varicose veins are:
- Pregnancy- the volume of blood gets increased during pregnancy but it becomes difficult for the blood to flow back to the pelvic region from the legs which may result in varicose veins.
- Obesity or excessive weight.
- A family history of varicose veins can also cause varicose veins.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Age- People getting older are at more risk of getting varicose veins as valves in the veins to get damaged due to wear and tear.
Women are at more risk of getting varicose veins than men. For varicose veins pain relief, try therapeutic yoga for varicose veins
A person having varicose veins shows many signs and symptoms of the disease such as :
- Veins become blue and purple in color.
- Veins appear twisted and bulging( or looks bigger than usual).
- Aching and heavy feeling in the legs.
- Swelling and burning in the legs.
- Unable to stand or sit for a longer period of time.
- Itching around veins.
- Bleeding from the veins.
- Change in color of the skin.
- Veins become harder.
- Skin ulcers and skin inflammation could occur.
- Restless leg syndrome, swollen ankles.
- The size and area covered by varicose veins differ in every individual case. Varicose veins could result in other circulatory medical conditions and harmful skin diseases.