Iyengar Yoga Asanas for Vertigo Treatment
Get Relief in Dizziness and Irritating Sounds in Ear with Therapeutic Iyengar Yoga & Meditation
Therapeutic Yoga for Vertigo
Some common yoga asanas for vertigo which can be performed by vertigo patients are:
1. Supta Baddha Konasana
In Vertigo, the patient has a lot of stress. This asanas for vertigo releases the stress and calms the mind.
This asana balances the balance liquid in the brain and hence stimulates the brain. This asana is very beneficial to get relief in dizziness.
This anti-gravity asana is practiced under our expert's guidance and with the use of crepe bandage, this yoga for vertigo provides the ultimate result in relieving dizziness.
Vertigo patient often hears a typical sound which is very irritating. We by practicing Sarvangasana and putting pressure in the ears dissolve the problem and also this yoga for dizziness provides relief by improving blood circulation in the brain.
5. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
This yoga for vertigo provides relief from dizziness, irritating sound in the ear and also controls emotional imbalance which is a cause of vertigo.
6. Ujjayi Pranayama
This pranayama improves the breathing process by increasing the oxygen level and balances the mind and body.
- During the treatment, all the yoga for vertigo will be performed with the help of props.
- Patients will be treated by trained yoga teachers under the guidance of Yogacharya Rajveer Singh Chauhan.
- The sequence and difficulty level of asanas for vertigo may vary according to the condition of patients and their respective medical conditions.
- Every person will be advised to perform asanas based on their current health, age and their present capacity to perform asanas.
Vertigo is a medical condition in which a person feels he or the things around him are moving or spinning. A person suffering from vertigo feels unbalanced and dizziness. In some cases, a person feels their head is moving.
Most commonly vertigo affects people above 60 years of age but it can happen at any age. It can be temporary or a long-term medical condition. People struggling with mental health are at more risk of vertigo and it could affect the daily life of the affected person to a large extent. People can cure it with the help of yoga for vertigo
Vertigo is caused by problems in the inner ear of a person. There are many factors that can cause vertigo in a person, some of the common causes of vertigo are:
- Labyrinthitis- It is an inflammation of the inner ear labyrinth caused by viral infections, the inner ear labyrinth is responsible for maintaining the body’s motion, position, and sound.
- Vestibular neuronitis: it is also an inflammation of the inner ear caused by viral infections.
- Cholesteatoma: it is a skin growth that develops in the middle ear due to infections and can cause hearing loss.
- Meniere’s disease: it is a build-up of fluid in the ear which causes ringing in the ears and hearing loss and could lead to vertigo.
- BPPV- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo occurs when tiny calcium particles clump up in canals of the inner ear. The inner ear sends signals to the brain and is responsible for keeping the balance of the body.
- Migraine Headaches
- Head injuries/ trauma
- Certain medications
- Bed rest for a longer time
- Ear surgery
- Any person suffering from diseases like Otosclerosis, syphilis, stroke, transient ischemic attack, tumors, strokes, multiple sclerosis are at more risk of vertigo.
A person suffering from vertigo disease shows many signs and symptoms which can help in identifying the disease. Some common symptoms of vertigo are:
- A person feels he or his surroundings are moving or spinning.
- Balance problems.
- Motion sickness
- nausea and vomiting
- Abnormal eye movements
- Hearing loss
- Ringing in the ears
- Excessive sweating