Many pregnant women have a most common question – “Is yoga good for pregnancy”?
Pregnant women don’t suddenly become fragile. Yes, you should not carry heavy weight during your pregnancy. But that does not mean you need to stay in bed all day long!
Regular exercise is important, even for pregnant women. And the best you can do for your changing body is to try doing a few prenatal pregnancy yoga poses!
Yoga is a calm and gentle way in which you can keep your body focused and flexible during pregnancy. It is an appropriate exercise and has been suggested by various doctors and health experts. The aim of practicing pregnancy yoga poses is to ease the pain during the delivery and as much as possible. Yoga for pregnant women has amazing health benefits and practicing them during pregnancy can prepare you for the birth, physically and mentally. Prenatal Yoga can help you calm down your mind and control your thoughts during this emotional and physical journey.
How Can Yoga Asanas During Pregnancy Help?
Yoga provides holistic health benefits for the to-be-mothers. Some Health benefits for yoga for pregnant women are:
- Yoga asanas help keep the body acrobatic and flexible. It relieves tension around the cervix by opening up the pelvic region. This prepares to-be-mothers for labor and delivery.
- Yoga and pranayamas can train you to breathe deeply and relax consciously, helping you face the demands of labor and childbirth.
- Yoga helps in alleviating the effect of morning sickness, painful leg cramps, swollen ankles, and constipation.
- Yoga also helps in building the stamina and strength for giving birth to a life.
- It is beneficial in improving the equilibrium in the essential female hormones such as progesterone and estrogen, which are quite imbalanced during the pregnancy
- Yoga for pregnant women also improves oxygenation and blood circulation throughout the body.
- Yoga asanas also help pregnant women recover faster post-delivery.
When Is The Best Time To Start Doing Yoga During Pregnancy?
For those women who have never done Yoga before pregnancy, it is advised to start Prenatal Yoga only during the second trimester. The first trimester is a critical period and incorrect yoga postures, or excessive strain may lead to complications. However, regular Yoga practitioners can perform Yoga from the first trimester, as the body is already used to the postures. The thumb rule for Prenatal Yoga is to GO SLOW, as there is no hurry. Also, meditation is highly recommended to maintain inner calm and peace.
Which Yoga poses for women during pregnancy can be beneficial?
The following pregnancy yoga poses are followed up with the iyengar yoga techniques i.e with the help of some support which helps the expecting mothers to face pregnancy smoothly. Yoga postures mentioned below focus on strengthening the pelvic muscles that help enhance the womb space for the healthy growth of the fetus. Here we have given the list of yoga for pregnant women to be performed during pregnancy along with how-to and their benefits for pregnant women.